“Explore. Dream. Discover.” (Mark Twain)
Hello and welcome to this (already not quite newly minted:) site!
Let’s get started…
I’m Olga, and I’m good at what I do:), that is, teaching and learning about languages and cultures, doing research, writing terrific textbooks and cute articles.
I love: teaching, tea, truffles… but not necessarily in that order. Also, I like my wine and humor sweet:)
I am (ich bin:)
- art history, cultures and languages aficionado
- a lifelong bibliophile and an avid reader in many genres, and a massive James Thurber fan
- music lover and an occasional poet
- a teaching professor, passionate about improving education
- a translator, an interpreter, an editor
- someone with insatiable curiosity …
I like to innovate, and continually look for better ways to do things. And the list goes on, and on, and on… though I do try to “be more, seem less.”
Here you’ll find musings on life, art, the power of spoken and written word and all things beautiful. Also, some of my writings and other materials, along with a bunch of useful links. And a lot more! So don’t hesitate. Give it a try. You won’t regret this. Probably:) Maybe you’ll even be glad you did.
Many thanks for dropping by. Please tell me what you think.
Delighted to talk to you,
P.S. Have just discovered… I’m listed in the Encyclopedia of Modern Ukraine, among PhDs (it’s in Ukrainian, though) Oh well, just another shade of me… 🙂